Like many in Central New Jersey, my Trenton roots run deep. This blog will serve to examine the good, the bad, and the promise of the city of Trenton. Well, that mixed with some miscellaneous ramblings along the way.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Stolen

This post is not Trenton related so I'll keep it short as I never intended this blog to be about personal issues. Tonight I had something stolen from me-not in or anywhere even near Trenton mind you. I have a part time job which I usually go to on the weekends, but occasionally I'll work a weeknight here and there after my regular nine to five. This is in a very affluent area of Mercer County, not comparable in any way, shape, or form to Trenton. The item in question was a pair of sunglasses, a relatively expensive pair. However, that wasn't the most important thing to me. These were a present from someone very special in my life, and she had bought them for me before our first vacation together. I also have had them for a very long time and had grown about as attached as one can get to a plastic frame with polarized lenses. There is no question who took the sunglasses, as I had left them in a very specific place during my shift that I and only one other person had access to. When I discovered the glasses were gone I confronted the person who denied everything. I also brought up the fact that since this person had starting working at our place of employment things like money and tools seemed to walk out the door with no explanation, which had never happened before. Finally, I was rudely told that I was going to be reported for harassment if I didn't stop insinuating that this person took what was mine.

The person who took my sunglasses was white and employed like me. He didn't need to steal the glasses, he easily could have bought his own. Don't tell me that the people who live in Trenton cause the problems because of their race, their color, or their creed. This is a perfect example of how the dark side of human nature is present in all of us. The difference is that some of us take the high road and some of us don't. I guess this post was about Trenton.

Slan go foill

No comments: